Re: Erotic Secret Shot Glasses?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ SHOTGLASS.ORG MessageBoard ]

Posted by Mark (leave feedback to contact me) on January 05, 2021 at 17:35:58:

In Reply to: Erotic Secret Shot Glasses? posted by Pattie on August 03, 2020 at 01:42:27:

If the image is molded into the glass, then it would be called lithophane.
If the image appears because of the temperature change caused by the liquid, then it is called thermochromic, but that might not be right for an antique...

I have seen 'nudie' glasses with a hidden design made with a process called a waterslide decal, but never put liquid in them -- you can see the backside of the image by looking at the glass, maybe it shows through if you get it wet. Most of these that I have seen are in poor condition and I don't want to damage them more.

Googling for lithophane or 'antique novelty nude glass' will find some on ebay and etsy...


: A friend of mine has some antique shot glasses that he inherited from an elderly relative... they are clear but when you pour liquid in them an erotic painted image appears magnified in the bottom! Can anyone tell me what these are called and where I could find them?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup


Subject: Re: Re: Erotic Secret Shot Glasses?


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ SHOTGLASS.ORG MessageBoard ]